Our Guildcrete countertops are a natural cast stone product that has unique characteristics that are inherent in cast concrete. Like marble and granite, Guildcrete is naturally porous and will have variation in both color and texture. Guildcrete is available in five sophisticated finishes, Glacier, Sand, Shadow, Portobello, and Charcoal and have a verity of sink shapes to truly make your counterop your own.
Like all custom materials, there are some important things to note regarding the care and maintenance of the product. Overtime, it should be expected to see some wear and patina over time as the product naturally ages. Our Guildcrete tops are factory sealed with a durable clearcoat sealer. The sealer will slightly enhance the color and out more depth and tone of the countertop and most importantly, the sealer will render the finish extremely resistant to stains and scratching.
While Guildcrete is stain resistant, it is highly important that all spills and liquids be wiped up quickly. Leaving liquids to sit on the countertop for long periods of time will create a risk for stain or etching. Follow the steps below to keep your Guildcrete countertop looking like new as you maintain it over its lifespan.
Follow the steps below to keep your Guildcrete countertop like new and ensure a long lasting lifespan:
- Use mild soap and water to clean or a non-abrasive cleaner such as Simple Green.
- Always wipe up any spills or liquid to avoid the risk of staining or etching.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasives when cleaning.
- Keep the surface cleaned, rinsed, and free or residues to minimize the effect of oils and acidic products.
- Do not cut or use sharp objects on the countertop as this may damage the clearcoat.
- If properly maintained, Guildcrete will not require any additional sealing.