One of the most asked questions when it comes to vanity installation is how to assemble the undermount sink to the vanity top. It can be confusing and a little bit difficult. So, to help ease the confusion and take the stress out of the installation process, we have complied step by step instructions detailing exactly how to attach your undermount sink to your countertop.
Before you begin the installation process, you will need the following materials:
- 1/2″ socket and ratchet
- Silicon sealant
- Tape measure
- Safety glasses
Included for easy installment are Go Clips. You will only need two (2) Go Clips for the sink installation.
When installing your undermount sink to your countertop:
- Turn the vanity top upside down and place it on a clean, scratch resistant surface.
- Apply a continuous bead of quality sealant to the top surface (rim) of the sink.
- Center the sink over the cut out on the vanity top.
- Secure the sink to the top using the Go Clips provided. See video for Go Clip instructions.
- Bend the dark colored tab away from the clamp body.
- Insert clamp into the hole on the countertop, making sure the clamp is inserted fully into the hole and the clamp body rests against the sink rim.
- Tighten the clamp against the sink rim.
- Do not over tighten.
After following these instructions, your undermount sink will be firmly attached to your countertop and ready to be installed onto your new vanity!